Saturday 24 November 2007

The last day in Qrazytown

TOday I thought I'd do something crazy. I had started to warm up to the idea of something outrageous, but I settled for a more fun and fearless activity. I thought.
Anyway. I also took a steep walk up to Queenstown Hill, in order to really feel the view (pardon the pun)

After a one-hour walk up to the top I realised I haven't taken the compulsory foot-pic in NZ, so that had to be done. There it is, with shoes on and all.. Very arty.

Queenstown down on the right, and lake Wakatipu placed beautifully between the mountains.
Then...it was time for adventure....I was psyched!
A thing like this can only ever be created by Kiwis I reckon. It's called "Fly by wire" and you find yourself lying on your stomach, steering a proper plane with a loud engine. It's attached to 3 megastrong wires, set up across the canyon, hanging from them in another wire...

(the photographer was a little arty too it seems)
You can steer it by making left or right turns when you're at the top of the swing.

And then you just go for it, full gas! Back and forth in a deep valley...


I'm flying without wings!


Action pic...


And a very happy kat after 3 minutes of being insanely cool.
Tonight I'm gonna meet some friends I left behind in Greymouth, as well as Donna and Nathan and also an Argentinian girl I met at the hostel.
Now drinks for me though. Tomorrow morning it's back on the bus for a trip to Dunedin.
See you there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look at you babe. a couple of weeks in the land of the long white cloud and your jumping on the adrenalin bus. ill have you skydiving in no time.

xoxo
isaac