Sunday 16 September 2007

Banana Benders

So, I finally arrived to the land down under. It's amazing and great in so many aspects, and after spending almost twelve hours here, I'm hooked.

Spend my last day in Bangkok just chilling on Khaosan road, doing a little shopping, packing that damn backpack once more (harder everytime) sweating, running for the bus and then off to the airport.


Also did a manicure/pedicure, cheap and nice.



It was sad to leave my cosy, beachfront, superdeluxe bungalow on Khaosan but, travelling is all about meeting and leaving I guess..


(very ironic above...)



Now I am settled in Brisbane, have met my friend Isaac and so far it's been a busy day, preparing for a five-day-roadtrip up the coast tomorrow with loads of stuff planned. Had a super nice lunch at a home for elderly people (no, I'm not a uest there just yet), with a lovely garden. Must surprise everyone...I actually had fish and prawns..AND I liked it!



It's a bizarr feeling to be upside down, but so far I've done pretty well I think. THey drive on the wrong side of the road, they eat weird stuff for breakfast and they are the most easy-going, welcoming and fun people I've ever come across (except for my socially superior Swedish friends of course).

Now I'll just try and get some sleep. If my jetlagged body will have any idea how to behave nine hours ahead of Swedish time and 4 hours ahead of thai time. Should be interesting!

Will be offline for the coming days, so don't worry if I'm not in touch!

No comments: