Saturday 8 December 2007

Elvis is in the building!!!

I got to touch down on Australian ground for a bit on my way to Thailand. Felt sad to once again leave it, but I'm sure I'll be back soon. Below is the Sydney skyline as we were taking off for Bangkok. I also got to see the new Airbus 380, as ground staff were testing procedures for when Quantas will start having the A380 in traffic next year I think. It's a big ass jet for sure!


I had my head in the clouds for a bit there..

As I arrived in Bangkok very late on the night of Dec 5, I realised it was past airport bus operating hours, so I had to take a taxi. Meter on of course...I thought it would be a quick ride, since note even Bangkok has rush hour at 130 am. But how wrong was I! Seems the King celebrated his 80th birthday that very day, so Bangkok was full of activity, and also, cars! Was a pretty sight though, Bangkok was completely drowned in lights and balloons and people with yellow clothes (the king's color).


My first night, I enjoyed the view from the rooftop terrace. Bangkok by night.

Yesterday it was time for me to get my long awaited visit from Lina! I spotted her and had to take a picture, felt very unreal to suddenly see someone from back home after allt his time!


It was a very happy reunion as you might be able to tell!
I don't think I have talked that much in months actually. I did let Lina get the occasional airtime as well though..

We went up to enjoy the pool and the terrace, and we both had our first holiday beer in Thailand, what better beer for that than the world famous Singha...
Lina was trying to let it sink in that she was actually in Thailand, on vacation, and after a few confused hours, she got in the holiday mode.
Then I figured she was ready for Khaosan Road...

It's a pretty humbling experience the first time, and I could tell she was slightly intimidated at first, but after having some aussie rum in our room she quite quickly adjusted.
We strolled down Khaosan and had our fancy dinner on the street, it's incredibly good and ridiculously cheap! The total cost for our dinner plus dessert (banana crepe with chocolate) was 70 baht, not even 20 SEK. Gotta love it!
Since I had spent my lonely days in Bangkok getting manicure and pedicure, Lina thought she might as well invest in her beauty too, so she went there just now. I wish it was this cheap in Sweden, we would be even more beautiful if so...;)
Tonight we will hopefully take a nightbus to Koh Tao, arriving to the boat about 6am tom morning, and to Koh Tao about two hours later.
It's scuba time!!

1 comment:

Venke said...

Shit vad härligt ni ser ut att ha det! Roligt att ni bodde på "vårt" hotell i Bangkok.