Monday 1 October 2007

Upcoming

At the moment I am busy planning upcoming adventures.
My first one is something I've been looking forward to for some time now! I'll go on a farmstay, to live, work and enjoy some of the farms activities, such as horse riding, fishing and other stuff. Might even get to shave me some sheep, who knows! Check out Myella Farm!

Right after the farmstay I'll probably go to the Whitsunday Islands where I will try and get on a boat for a couple of days, hopefully do some diving and hang out with other backpackers.

During the weekend I got some tequila shots, BBQ, beers and also I got to attend a quiz night. Every sunday there's a quiz in a paper, with forty questions about this n' that. You meet for a beer or two while doing the quiz.
On the way there I was making jokes about having Swedish questions in this quiz.
Turns up question no 20 was just for me.
"Carl XVI Gustav is the king of which country?"...One point for me....

Oh. Some new words/phrases I learned while spending time in Oz...
Full on-grymt
Ute - en typ av bil som är väldigt vanlig, se bild nedan
Thong - inte stringtrosa, utan flip-flops
So is your face - referens från Scrubs. Om någon tex säger "din bil är en skrothög" så dödar du enkelt konversationen (och vinner) genom att säga ovanstående..Otroligt användbart!
Kiwi - namn för folk från Nya Zeeland.
Too easy - tex i telefonsamtal. Istället för sweet eller ok..

Update will follow...

No comments: