Saturday 27 October 2007

Hervey Bay and 1770 - killer kookaburras!

So, last week I took off from the beach house in 1770, since (nearly) all the boys in the Ashton clan (plus fucking ol' kenny*) were invading it for a boys weekend. Claiming to be a woman, I fled the house, borrowed the Peugeot hot wheels and went to Hervey bay.
It was a cool experience to drive on the wrong side of the road, shifting gears with my left hand...
(according to a certain Isaac, I'm not doing very well on that part, but I would say I'm an excellent driver).
Well, I'm back in Brissy now, after a relaxing stay in Hervey bay, kind of boring place, but I took long beachwalks, saw dolphins and pelicans (see below).
Like said before, pelicans know how to get free food. Spot the fisherman and start stalking.



I stayed at the Koala Beach resort, nice enough and yes, there was the singing, guitarplaying, people singing in harmonies, as you would expect. Antonio Banderas above hardly let go of the guitar once he had grabbed it..Fortunately he could sing.

I was almost bitten by an oppossum. Something to tell the grandkids?

Three nationalities. Irish, Australian, Swedish. Spot the Swede!

When I had done Hervey bay well enough, after four days, I returned the hot wheels to Isaac and we went from 1770 back to Brisbane, with a highly appreciated stop at the Bundaberg Rum Distillery. Best part? The free drinks at the end of the tour.

Isaac doing what he does, dj-ing.
Kookaburras are often spotted outside the house, and they are loud. A video of them killing an already very dead sausage is now uploaded to my youtube account. They beat the crap out of it!
Brisbane River, that I walked along on my trip to the Swedish Consulate yesterday.
Coming up nxt week...
Southbound, destination Sydney via Byron Bay and a farm..

No comments: